Friday, September 17, 2010

Hello!

Well this is all new for me.  Sometimes I feel stuck in the 80's so writing this blog is a huge leap.  I have written all of my life.  For those of you who know me, you know my father is an author of LDS books.  People ask me all the time if I write books like him.  I just laugh.  I guess I don't have a long attention span because my talents lie in other directions.  I write poetry, compose songs and have written the odd short story.  So we shall see how this goes...

You may wonder why I chose this particular title.  Besides the fact that I love this poem, I feel like it describes my life.  I haven't always picked the easy road and I have tried to follow my Heavenly Father's direction throughout my life.  That road has taken me and David and me to many interesting, trying, and wonderful places.  In later posts I will talk about this journey.

I think I would like to tell you a little about us. We have five children who are amazing, crazy and mostly fun to be around.
Jessa - 18

She is a freshman at CEU (College of Eastern Utah), studying cosmetology.  She is absolutely loving it.  She has been cutting hair ever since she was 3 so her choice is appropriate.  I love to see how much she is growing into an adult.  She is one of my best friends and I miss her alot.

Mitch - 16

This is Mitch with his date Harley - both of them at their first school dance and it is Homecoming.  Mitch is an athlete - he runs cross country and lettered in soccer and academics last year. But mostly what I love about this young man is his heart.  He cares about people and wants to change the world and make it better for everyone.  He is struggling with some medical issues right now so he can't run but we are hoping to get that resolved soon.  He honors his priesthood and is just paperwork away from his Eagle Scout.

                                                                      Halli-14
Halli, like Jessa, is an amazing dancer.  This year she made the top dance team in town - Senior Prestige.  It involves ballet, hip hop and jazz.  She is also running cross country and in her two last meets she has shaved 4 minutes off of her time.  I love being around this child, she makes me smile and I love the joy she radiates.  She is a straight A student and loves loves loves reading - I think this tells me for sure that she is my child :)
                                                               Andrew - 12


Andrew just turned 12 and was ordained a deacon.  He is about 4ft nothing but that doesn't stop this kid.  He plays every sport he can possible try but his favorite is soccer.  I love his smile, he is just a happy kid and mostly its when he is with friends, playing soccer or being in the outdoors.  Andrew can't hold still and drives his older brother crazy when he bounces on his chair.  Everything Andrew does he puts his whole heart into.


                                                       Christopher -9

Ok I had to find a picture that adequately shows Chris's personality.  He is my comedian and the biggest ham I have ever seen.  Jessa's look here about sums it up.  He makes me laugh on a regular basis.  He loves music and is planning on starting a band with his friends.  He plays soccer but he really prefers wrestling.  I guess he got that gene from his dad.  He is super smart and doesn't have a lot of patience with me or Dave when we try to help him.  He fits the description "walks to the beat of different drummer" perfectly.

Ok sorry this has been so long. Now you know us a little better.