Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Good grief

I think I forgot this blog existed lol.  Sorry.  Things have been a little nuts around our home.  At the end of February our oldest son, Mitch, was kicked in the leg at a soccer practice and it turned out he tore his ACL, MCL and lateral miniscus.  Well he finally had surgery on Tues March 29th and I will take a picture soon and post it to show you this monster brace he is wearing for the next 8 weeks.  He was in surgery for 4 hours and his recovery has been slow.  He had his gall bladder removed a year ago and it has made this recovery much harder and more painful.  I was so glad on Sunday night to see the old Mitch emerge from the pain, sickness and fatigue he has been enduring. It was a treat for me to see him smile and laugh again.  Welcome back bud - we are going to make it through this together!  I love you!